Our address is 3 Mill Street, Laurieton, NSW, 2443.
By train, you can travel with NSW TrainLink to our nearest station, Kendall Train Station.
There are several options if you want / need to fly in: 1) Fly to Sydney Airport then travel by train/car, 2) Fly to Newcastle Airport then travel by car, or 3) Fly to Port Macquarie Airport then travel by car.
We offer transfers to/from Port Macquarie Airport for $50 return. Please contact us ahead of time to arrange transfers.
For reference, our location is:
- 15 minute drive from Kendall Train Station
- 30 minute drive from Port Macquarie Airport
- 2hr drive from newcastle Airport
- 4.5hr drive from Sydney Airport
We have comfortable private and shared self-contained units on-site at our school. Information and prices can be found here.
To book your accommodation, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Minimum age to learn to paraglide is 14 years (with parent’s consent). Minimum age to be licenced to paraglide is 15 years.
The maximum weight for paragliding students is 120kg.
Students taking our Learn To Paraglide course, Skydiver / Hang Glider Conversion course or Learn To Paramotor course must register with SAFA on a New Student Pilot Membership. The cost is $32 (not included in our course fees) and is payable by each student directly to SAFA upon registration. The SAFA New Student Pilot membership is valid for 30 days. You will be provided with information on how to register for your membership on Day 1 of your course.
- Sturdy shoes.
- Clothes you can move comfortably in (e.g. active wear or roomy pants that you can easily crouch in). We recommend avoiding jeans.
- In summer you may want to cover up, so we recommend bringing a light weight, long sleeve top.
- A light weight jacket as it can be cooler at higher altitudes, even during summer.
- A heavier jacket is crucial during the cooler months.
- Hat (optional).
- We supply helmets, but if you would prefer to have your own, by all means bring it. A certified generic bike helmet is fine.
Day 1 starts at 9am. Please meet at our base at 3 Mill Street, Laurieton. If you're early, you can wait on the picnic tables in the front garden area.
- Each day is completely different and set depending on the day's weather conditions.
- Most days will be spent at our training hill or flying sites.
- We may move around to different sites throughout the day as the wind directions change.
- On days when the conditions aren't right for flying, we use this 'down time' for theory classes at our office.
- Training typically starts around 8am - 9am, although there may be a few earlier starts on some days if the wind directions are good for certain flying sites.
- We take a break at lunchtime for around an hour each day.
- Days typically end around 5pm, but it all depends on the weather!
We rely on suitable weather conditions for the safe progression of our flight training. Our courses allow for ‘bad weather days’. Theory is completed on non-flying days. We are confident that all courses will be completed in the allocated time. However, if a course cannot be completed in the allocated time due to unsuitable weather conditions, alternative arrangements will be made available.
For our Learn To Paraglide Course and our Skydiver/Hang Glider Conversion Course, we supply the gear.
For our Learn To Paramotor Course, our Paragliding Endorsements and our Paramotor Endorsements, you have the option of using gear supplied by us or using your own gear (cost differences apply).
Yes, you can change or cancel your course booking. Please see our Terms & Conditions for our policies on course changes and cancellations.
Students booking a Learn to Paraglide course or a Skydiver / Hang Glider Conversion course are entitled to a $400 gear voucher. This gear voucher is redeemable against the purchase of a ‘Paragliding Gear Set’, consisting of 1 x new wing and 1 x new harness.
Students booking a Learn to Paramotor course are entitled to a $700 gear voucher. The gear voucher is redeemable against the purchase of a ‘Paramotor Gear Set’, consisting of 1 x new paramotor wing and 1 x new paramotor.
All gear vouchers:
- Can be used to purchase gear before, during or after your course.
- Must be used within 3 months of course completion.
- Cannot be accumulated or applied retroactively to previously placed orders/courses.
- May not be combined with any other offers, discounts or gift vouchers.
- Applies to the product value and excludes the delivery charge.
- May not be redeemed for cash.
- May not be transferred to someone else.
- Cannot be redeemed to buy a single product.
We are able to offer group discounts on our courses. Please contact us regarding this.
Shipping times vary between 2 – 8 weeks. You will receive a more accurate estimate of timing once we have processed your order (usually within 24 hours of your order being placed). If you would like a more accurate estimate of timing before placing your order, please give us a call.
Unless otherwise stated, all gear sales are not returnable and non-refundable.
If you're planning on purchasing multiple high value items, please contact us before placing an order online to discuss a multi-item discount.
We aim to provide top quality products at the best price, so if you find a lower price (including GST and shipping) for the same item elsewhere, contact us to see if we can beat the price for you.
Tandem passengers must be a minimum of 11 years old, weigh between 30-120 KG and be comfortable walking briskly / jogging 4-5 steps.
Before flying, all passengers must sign an insurance waiver and SAFA (Sports Aviation Federation of Australia) membership form. This is done electronically on site with your tandem pilot. Passengers under the age of 18 years must have a parent or guardian present to sign the insurance waiver on their behalf. Refusing to complete the waiver will result in the cancellation of the flight and no refund will be given.
Suitable footwear such as runners, training shoes or other enclosed shoes is recommended. A light jacket and long pants are also recommended as the temperature decreases with altitude.
We offer tandem flights year-round at various sites along the mid-north coast of NSW. Fly along the beautiful coast by Bonny Hills, Indian Head or Port Macquarie (to name a few!), or take in the breath-taking views atop North Brother Mountain or Middle Brother Mountain.
The location and time of your flight will be confirmed the day prior to your scheduled tandem flight based on forecasted wind directions and strengths.
Contact us via email or phone to book your preferred date.
You can buy a tandem voucher ahead of time or you can arrange payment on the day of your flight.
Tandem flights are a weather dependent activity so an alternative location or date may be required if weather conditions on the day of your flight have changed or are unsuitable for flying. We kindly ask for your patience and understanding should this situation arise – the weather is out of our control and your safety is our top priority.
Passengers are not permitted to fly under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If we suspect this is the case then the flight will be cancelled due to safety and insurance requirements and no refund will be given.