The UP Meru is a sophisticated cross-country / competition glider, with excellent stability and performance. Made from durable, lightweight materials combined with an intricate design, the Meru has been designed for record breaking cross country flights and top-level competitions.
Handling is direct and sharp. It's agility and communication mean that pilots will find thermals faster and climb more efficiently. With optimized attachment points, 84 cells, and a super clean leading edge, the Meru is a true thermal surfer. Complex internal structure combined with two-liner pitch control make the Meru very stable at speed, with excellent performance into a headwind.
Controlling the MERU with the B-Risers is intuitive and effective, allowing the pilot to keep the speed-bar engaged with confidence, arriving at the next thermal higher and faster. The speed-bar pressure is light allowing for less fatigue, and longer flying days.
- Snap-lock break handles and C-steering handles.
- Rear-riser control system, to work the AOA independently left and right, and keep the speed bar at pulley-to-pulley level even through turbulence
- New Generation "Shark nose" Aerofoil
- Double 3D panel shaping
- Leading Edge 3D negative panel shaping for a cleaner and stiffer leading edge
- UP low-drag line attachment points on the canopy
- Mini ribs along trailing edge
- Upper and lower skin rods for collapse resistance
- Long FSS (Front Section Support system) long rods
- BTS brake tensioning system
- Precise design of risers with different accelerator travel of central and external parts of the wing
- Unsheeted lines of low diameter to reduced line drag
- Swept back wingtips for better handling and improved climbing