High Adventure has been owned and operated by David Wainwright in Laurieton on the beautiful Mid North Coast of Australia since 2012. Having trained under Lee Scott as an Apprentice Flight Instructor, Dave seized the opportunity to embark on a new adventure, as far away from being a Saw Mill Engineer as he could.
Known globally for his patient, cool, calm and collected demeanour, Dave is considered to be one of Australia’s most highly regarded instructors.
Despite his own personal achievements both Nationally and Internationally, Daves focus has been to train and guide new pilots in both Paragliding and Paramotoring. Since 2012 Dave has taught hundreds of students, many of them becoming outstanding performers in the sport.
High Adventure prides itself on being able to offer students in-depth training and instruction under the supervision of highly skilled and accomplished pilots.
We have access to over 12 flying sites. This advantage means that there is rarely a wind direction that we cannot fly in. In addition to our extensive sites, we offer towing. This means in nil wind we can still train and ensure that you get the most from your learning experience here at High Adventure.
Our school is based within 200mtrs of cafes, shops and the water. We offer onsite accomodation in self contained units that are fully equipped and air-conditioned. You don’t need to bring anything but your clothes. Our students are our priority and your training here at the school should be nothing short of an all round enjoyable experience.
If you choose to fly into Port Macquarie we will pick you up. A car is not required due to our location and we offer mountain bikes should you want to explore the town and beaches.
DAVID WAINWRIGHT (CHIEF FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR)
- Australian Paramotor Champion 2016
- Winner of the 2016 Icarus Trophy Paramotoring Race
- Winner of the 2015 Icarus Trophy Paramotoring Race
- 2015 Australian Paramotoring Champion
- Member of the Australian Paragliding Team competing in Bulgaria 2013
- Selected for the 2014 Australian Paragliding Team (unable to compete)
- National Sports Class Champion 2014
- National Sports Class Champion 2013
- Bright Open Sport Class Winner 2014
- Canungra Cup Sports Class Winner 2013