APCO TANDEM PILOT HARNESS
Extremely comfortable, safe, and light, the pilot harness was designed for ease of use with maximum protection. The seat plate is flared outward to accommodate the passenger. The Pilot Harness provides excellent ergonomics on the ground and in flight. Many special features have been built in to make the pilot’s job easier, and more comfortable.
One feature deserves special attention: The harness set is equipped with a special, unique pilot stirrup – which helps provide for automatic transition of passenger into sitting position. This is pilot operated on take-off (original solution developed by APCO. Credit to Matthieu Arlettaz). The stirrup doubles as a foot rest, supporting pilots legs during flight and relieving leg strain during flight.
The harness has multiple adjustment points to fit a wide range of pilot sizes – thus it can be offered in one size only.
- Only 2.9kg. without seatplate and airfoam (add 600gr. for plywood seatplate)
- Maximum protection – APCO’s standard airfoam protector with lexan plate
- Automatic passenger transition into sitting position on take-off (pioneered by APCO)
- Pilot leg rest stirrup (APCO unique)
- Low volume – easy to fold and pack
- Foolproof chest T-lock system
- Emergency parachute under the sea
- Deployment handle highly visible and accessible for right or left hand deployment
- Optimal back support with APCO exclusive load spreading semi-rigid elements and thick airmesh lining for breathability and comfort.
- New, lightweight Quick Lock Buckles
- Reflective piping for better visibility in the air and on the ground
- Plenty of space in the back pocket
- Two extra mesh compartments in the back pocket
- Additional pocket for notes and documents
- Two mesh side pockets for easy access in flight
- Water bladder ready
- High density cloth – light, strong and durable
- Cloth covered shoulder straps
- Integrated channelling for emergency parachute connection
- Loop and slide adjusters for one handed in-flight adjustment
- 7075 T6 Aluminium aviation grade hardware
- Designed for use with APCO’s new 3 Ton forged carabiner (harness designed specially to be coupled with this carabiner)
Full product details can be found here.