Paramotor XC Endorsement | Powered Paragliding Cross Country Endorsement
To achieve the endorsement you must successfully achieved, demonstrate or understand:
- Flight preparation including fuel management and weather assessment
- A thorough understanding of airspace regulations and flight planning
- A thorough understanding of VHF broadcast requirements
- Pre-flight & safety checks: Paramotor, Paraglider, Wheelbase, Lines, Speed System, Trimmers, Hand Throttle,
- Pre-flight Communications Equip check, and any other equipment required
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of rigging a speed system or trim tabs and the knowledge and ability to safely utilize them.
- Ability to operate with other aircraft including airstrip protocol
- Competent launch and landing in: a: Nil wind b: Moderate winds
- Competent Cross-wind & Down-wind Landing skills
- Five (5) landings within a 20 meter radius, using an appropriate downwind, base leg and final approach to an area nominated, in less than 5Kn and greater than 5Kn wind strengths.
- Two cross country flight with a minimum of 25 km from take off, one with outlanding and re-launch.
- Has gained a minimum 20 hours of flying experience over a minimum of 25 flying days, since attaining a Powered Paragliding Certificate.
Pre-requisites for this Endorsement include:
- Motorised Endorsement or Powered Paragliding Certificate (Foot or Wheel)
- HGFA Radio Operator’s Endorsement
- VHF Radio
- >20 hours flight time over a minimum of 25 days since completing Foot or Wheeled PPG Pilot Certificate**
**Have flown for not less than 20 hours over 25 days, including 10 hrs under the guidance of a PPG SO/SSO or instructor
Gear hire available – let me know what you need
$350 per day your gear or $450 per day mine
This course is taught by CFI Dave Wainwright and meets the requirements set out in the HGFA Powered Paragliding Cross Country & Formation Flying Endorsement training syllabus.