SKYDIVING AND HANG GLIDING CONVERSION TO PARAGLIDING COURSE
The Skydiving and Hang Gliding Conversion course is ideal for any current pilots wanting to use their existing knowledge and experience to convert across to paragliding.
By taking your well honed canopy skills and experience, skydivers and hang gliders notoriously students at High Adventure find the conversion to paragliding a simple and exciting experience.
This course is offered to Skydivers or Hang Gliding Pilots holding current Australian Qualifications. Hang Gliding pilots should have a minimum of 50 logged flying hours and a current HGFA Licence. If you do not have a current HGFA licence, please let us know. Skydivers should hold a current licence and have 200+ jumps.
To successfully achieve the HGFA Paragliding Endorsement for Hang Gliding or Skydiving conversion, you will need to confidently achieve the following:
• Minimum of 4 flying days
• 3 soaring flights of at least 15 minutes duration
• or 10 x 5 minute flights demonstrating confident soaring skills
• Using 3 different geographical sites you will need to do 30 flights (Launch + Landing)
• Confident canopy control
• Confident launching and landing in a range of conditions
• Demonstration in accuracy of pre-flight checks
• Completion of the “Learn to Paraglide” theory workbook
• Multiple choice exam
We are mindful of the previous experience that Hang Gliding Pilots and Parachutists have and look to move at a speed that suits your skill level. We do not restrict you to the novice student program.